Personal Web Sites for Faculty and Staff
Welcome to webspace.ship.edu! Webspace.ship.edu is the new web server where Shippensburg University Faculty and Staff may create personal websites. The web server platform is Microsoft Internet Information Server. Faculty and staff who are creating personal websites now have the ability to save their website files directly to a folder on their on-campus workstations.
Note: www.ship.edu websites are created in the content management system. Please contact Justin Sentz or Mira Mattern for access and training for those sites.
Webspace Website Creation Instructions:
- On-Campus workstations
- Save your website files in your T: drive in the folder named My Website
- Web browser access
- Open https://anchor.ship.edu
- Login with your Ship email address and password
- Click on T-Drive
- Upload your files to the My Website folder
- Creating Department and Organization Websites using On-campus and Off-campus workstations
- These websites are created in the content management system. Please contact Justin Sentz or Mira Mattern for access and training for those sites.
- FTP or a web publishing utility, such as Dreamweaver
- FTP server hostname: files.ship.edu
- Directory: My Website
- Use your Ship email address and password
- Click here for Dreamweaver configuration information
- Name your first website file: default.htm
This is the file that will be displayed when your website is accessed.
Other valid default content page names are: index.htm, index.html, default.asp, and default.aspx
- Your website will be accessible using a URL such as the following:
(userid is your SU email userid)