Math in the Media extra credit opportunity
Find an article from one of these sources
· Science Daily: http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/computers_math/mathematics/
· PhysOrg.com: http://www.physorg.com/science-news/mathematics/
· an MAA column: http://www.maa.org/mathtourist/mathtourist.html
· plus.maths.org: http://plus.maths.org/content/News
· Scientific American: http://www.scientificamerican.com/math
· Or another reputable news source (not a personal blog)
Then type up a
· summary -- just the facts. What was the article about?
· personal response -- what was your opinion of the article or the people? Is this related to anything you know already? Did anything surprise you? Did the article make you wonder about ethical/mathematical/social dilemmas? etc. etc.
· one other internet source that is related to the article topic. What else did you learn?
The write-up should be 1-2 pages, 1 inch margins, 12 point font, 1.5 line spacing. You can email me the article or print it out and hand it in.