What is Psi Chi?
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society for Psychology. The Shippensburg University chapter of Psi Chi is headed by Executive Officers elected each year by the membership. The Executive Officers work with the Faculty Advisor to organize monthly membership meetings, promote research opportunities and research-oriented talks, create events, including presentations and discussions by guest speakers, and host a social event at the end of each semester. Once inducted into the honor society (see below on requirements for membership), Psi Chi members must attend at least four events and two meetings per semester, and pay annual dues, in order to remain active as an SU Psi Chi member. By complying with these rules, members are eligible to wear Psychology honor cords at graduation.
Invitations to join Psi Chi are sent out via email to ALL Psychology Majors and Minors at the beginning of the Spring semester each year (late January-early February). Application materials, including an official transcript and dues for membership, are required for membership consideration. If your application is complete and you meet all the requirements (see below), you will receive an email inviting you to our annual induction ceremony for new members within 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.
To Become a Member of Psi Chi, You Must Have:
1) Completed at least 3 semesters at Shippensburg University
2) Completed at least 3 psychology courses at Shippensburg University
3) Be registered as a Psychology Major or Minor
4) An overall GPA of 3.0 AND a Psychology GPA of 3.2 (Graduate students need to have a "B" average or better in all of their classes)
- Note that GPA cannot be rounded-up (for example, a 3.19 Psychology GPA, does NOT meet the 3.2 requirement)
For other questions concerning Psi Chi, please email the Executive Officers at email@example.com.
For more information, Click Below:
Ship.edu || Events || Shippensburg Psi Chi Chapter || Psych Dept. || Psychology Club || Psi Chi International Site